AM I ELIGIBLE FOR AN IOL SURGERY?
- Good general health status. Suitably controlled blood pressure or blood sugar, and stability of other internal diseases
- You have to be able to lie on your back for about 15 minutes without stress
- Prior blood work and ECG
- No infectious or inflammatory diseases (e.g., common cold, fever, herpes) may be present when the surgery is performed.
- No other ocular diseases affecting your vision (e.g., uncontrolled glaucoma, diabetic complications, macula degeneration) may be present
- You are able to apply an eye drop for a few weeks after surgery, or another person can administer the drops into your eyes
- No inflammation around the eyes (conjunctiva, eyelids)
- You are prepared to undergo a brief, painless procedure
- You wish to get rid of your glasses and see the world in colour again
- You do not wish to compromise and you intend to choose the best solution
- You trust your specialist and his decades of professional experience